Wednesday 15 December 2010

Hello

I was sad to go, It will have been almost 3 years and 445 posts, thats a lot of history to say goodbye too. But what would be the point in continuing unless I am being completely truthful and honest. None, thats what.

As I explained before, having my friends and family have access to my thoughts and feelings meant more often than not, I was filtering my posts to avoid judgement from them. That literally took the enjoyment out of it, It was no longer cathartic experience, sitting down and writing posts. It became a chore. This also meant I wasn't giving it my all, my best. My lack of motivation in regards to blogging also meant I wasn't reading any other blogs either, this was something I used to love to do! My comments, when I left any, were unimaginative and unhelpful. It just wasn't acceptable.

I don't want to quit, I have gotten to much enjoyment and pleasure to simply give in. But I have to take steps to make sure that the damage is not permanent, and I suppose there is nothing wrong with starting afresh, something I have done many a time.

I will leave the old blog open for a bit, there are some posts I would like to save, possibly print off and keep as a memento. But eventually I will delete it and the history It contains.

*Sigh*

4 comments:

Sammy B said...

Hello
Why not export your old blog to a disk, and keep it all for posterity? I hope the new venture is a success.

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

Anonymous said...

Good decision. Sometimes it is wise to start afresh, and your reasons for doing so are good. It is also a good idea to save what you feel are the most significant posts from your old blog.

I look forward to following your life from this point forward.

Biki Honko said...

It always seems the kiss of death when a blogger shares their blog life with their "real" life. And you are so very right, for blogging to be enjoyable at all, you need to be open and unfiltered.

My husband knows i blog, i have read him some of my posts, but he doesn't know the addy, and i have no intentions of ever letting him see it, i don't want to start filtering myself online. There is way to much filtering going on in my day to day "real" life, i need a place where i can be wholly me.

Anonymous said...

You should always be free and honest! It's the nicest place on earth to be.

If you can then find someone really cool to share it all with then your life is complete!

Why not aim for the top?